But wait, there's more! (Pages)

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And you thought you knew what real pain was.

So it's over then.  Where do I go from here? Where am I? I'm lost, I am confused, I did this to myself.  I think I am broken.  He had more than just my heart.  It feels like he has a part of me that I will never get back.  I don't feel like a whole person anymore.  Am I still me? Do I still belong here? Give me a reason to believe I do, please.  I'm not sure I have ever been this afraid.  I'm not sure I have ever felt this guilty.  I didn't just break his heart...I broke my own.  I need someone to tell me they can fix it.  I need someone to tell me that everything is going to be alright.  No, I need someone who makes everything feel like it's alright.  (When I talk to you, I do feel like I am alright, I forget about things sometimes, and then I get off the phone, and I remember.)  They say it doesn't last forever.  They say I will move on.  Will I? Should I? Do I deserve to? I am not asking to gain pity.  I am asking because I honestly do not know.  How am I going to make it through the summer? Can't I just bring you with me? That may make it better.  Will I still get my own place? Should I?
Will you come with me if I don't want to do it alone? I'd like that.

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment